Friday, August 28, 2009

Loaves $$$ Multiplied

The Lord had already placed a couple on my heart before Kevin came and shared his powerful message, but I didn't know "what" or "how" to help. This couple has had cancer, financial and many other issues thrown at them; yet they stand strong in their faith. The husband is working hard at 2-3 jobs doing everything he can. They have been such an inspiration to me and others.

On the morning the envelopes were passed out, I received $10. I was so excited because I knew "who" mine was going to, but I didn't know "how." I just kept praying about it and then one night I watched as two other ladies had their crafts they had made auctioned off and raised $175. It was so exciting to see God move. I went home still praying about what I was to do with mine. The next day I was standing in the kitchen baking and I felt the Lord speaking to me and saying, "You make banana bread all the time, just do that." So I did. God started working right away!

He provided sugar, bananas and chopped walnuts just when I needed them at 1/2 price. I was able to bake up 20 loaves. I spoke with Rhonda, my pastor's wife, about bringing them to church on Wednesday night. Darren had been praying about the best way to go about it. Without naming any names of the recipients, he briefly shared their struggle and how the proceeds from the bread would go to help them.

The Lord moved in the hearts of His people and they started raising their hands to purchase the loaves. The bread was delivered to their tables, with each one giving what they felt led to give and no one knew what each one gave. In just a few moments, the Lord had provided $600.00!!!! Praise God!!!! Today, the check was put in their hands and the lady cried tears of joy. It was SO awesome!!! Ephesians 3:20
---Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments deemed as discouraging and/or inappropriate will be deleted.