Sunday, January 31, 2010

Report from Haiti

Greg shares some of the things He's seen during his time in Haiti:

I have seen God and His power in the good and the bad. I truly believe God allowed this to happen to bring not only the people of Haiti to Himself, but also everyone who is coming to help Haiti.

I have been in some of the worst hit areas and I've seen dead bodies everywhere I looked. In the midst of that horror, I watched three Haitian doctors that I had the blessing of driving to this area jump right in and start helping the people who were injured.

I have seen children lose their arms and legs, and even one that lost both legs, and in the midst of that, the parent was still thanking God that they were alive because they had watched their other family members die.

I have seen people cry because they got enough food to feed their family another day and I have seen fighting over what little food was there.

I have heard stories of hundreds of people coming to Christ in the middle of the street as buildings were still falling around them, because Pastor Joaneme was telling them about the only way to be saved.

I have heard about Pastor Jude and Yanick who have given away everything they had to eat, because they knew the Lord was going to send their provision, and then I drove up the same day with a truckload of food.

I was handed $15,000 one day by a man who said God had told him to do it, because he knew I would spend it on the Haitian people. Another man handed me $8,000 for me to spend on the ministry. Another man who gave $25,000 for us to use in assisting the people. Yes, that is $48,000 in one week. The need is great, prices are enormous, and a large amount of that money has already been used to provide food for people.

More reports will be coming throughout the coming weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments deemed as discouraging and/or inappropriate will be deleted.